Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 9)

Chesapeake Rotary Club Provides Coats for Kids

Chesapeake Rotary Club Provides Coats for Kids

The holidays were made a little brighter and the winter will certainly be a lot warmer for several hundred Chesapeake school kids. Due to the generosity and mexican pharmacy hard…

Romance Builders: A Great Investment for 2013

Romance Builders:  A Great Investment for 2013

By PAUL VANVALIN Elizabeth Taylor was a famous actress who lived from 1932 to 2011. She married 8 times and was observed to gain weight in between romances. She said…

From the Pulpit: 2013 Could be the Best Year of Your Life

From the Pulpit: 2013 Could be the Best Year of Your Life

By ERIC WATT I can still hear the joyful melodies that filled our office hallways, homes and hearts over the holidays. It really is “the most wonderful time of the…

WORDS FROM WOODS

WORDS FROM WOODS

“Hello. My name is Bob Woods.  And I’ll be taking care of you.  Today’s special is Retirement.  What can I bring you for starters?  May I suggest the “nest egg”…

“The Messiah” Production Performed at Great Bridge Baptist Church

“The Messiah” Production Performed at Great Bridge Baptist Church

The sixth annual Community Messiah Production was performed at the Great Bridge Baptist Church on December 21 .The sanctuary was packed to capacity. The production was performed by a 150-plus…

What Do Our Colors Really Mean?

What Do Our Colors Really Mean?

By JANE HAMPTON COOK You know our nation’s colors. But do you know what they mean? “That the flag of the thirteen United States be thirteen stripes, alternate red and…

Salute to an Outstanding Chesapeake Company

Salute to an Outstanding Chesapeake Company

Photos by Tara Perrone Jo-Kell recently held their annual Employee Appreciation Day. Their theme was “The Greatest Employees on Earth.”  This fun-filled day was a culmination and celebration of a…

A Newborn Survives Hurricane Sandy

A Newborn Survives Hurricane Sandy

By PAUL VANVALIN Twenty-two-year-old Mya attended my FirstFruits Crisis Responder Training in Brooklyn, New York on December 1, 2012.  Mya’s storm story began with the birth of her first child…

WFOS 88.7 FM One of Chesapeake’s Best Kept Secrets

WFOS 88.7 FM One of Chesapeake’s Best Kept Secrets

By JOHN DOWNS, SR. During the festive holiday season, families usually enjoy a number of mouthwatering and memorable meals together. Treasured family recipes, specially prepared for everyone to enjoy, are…

Before Dawn, December 9, 1775

Before Dawn, December 9, 1775

The Redcoats have already defeated a rebellion at Kemps Landing. They are strong and they are well trained. But, we are fighting for our families, our land, and our liberty.…